Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing #4 - Registering My Blog and Looking at Others' Blogs

I felt such a sense of accomplishment when I was able to e-mail Vaughn and let her know that I had set up my blog and created my avatar. It was especially great this morning when I saw my blog name in the list on the side of the Library2Play blog. I am so pleased that I have gotten this far, and yet I have 19 more things to do before August 10. I need to not look at the long list but just take one thing at a time. I know I can do this and still have a relaxing summer and also accomplish the other goals (work for my home and school ) that I have set for myself this summer. I find that great times to work on the 23 things are when I am sitting in front of the TV, early in the morning, or late at night. I also like going up to school from time to time in order to touch base with several fellow bloggers who are going through the program too. It is a great time to ask questions or share what I have learned. I am learning so much from others. I am enjoying looking at others' blogs. It is especially fun to look at the blogs of coworker friends. I am learning much more about their attitude toward learning and technology, and their learning styles. I also am getting great hints about using the technology we are learning about.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't this a fun way to learn? I believe we need to begin microblogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathey, I am so proud of your work. One thing I admire most about you is your perseverance, you just never give up! I think we are a lot like our students this summer, except in grown up bodies. Think about it -- we are struggling with new concepts much in the way they do throughout the school year. I believe this experience will make us better teachers next year, ones who understand very well what it means to work hard to learn something and to never give up trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to 23 Things. You are right about taking one thing at a time. I too often work on my Web 2.0 learning while watching television. It looks like you already have a learning community that is willing to support you but anytime you have a question just post it on your blog comments and I or someone else will try to help.

    ReplyDelete